Education: information for students and teachers
Last updated: 2 October 2013.
Want to know about rivers, water, or pollution? You've come to the right place! We've been developing a range of educational material for teachers and students since 1998. We do a little bit more each year. We hope you find it useful.
Our very popular link pages are almost impossible to keep up-to-date. We know many people still find them useful, but quite a lot of the links are unfortunately now broken. After over 10 years of trying to keep them working, we've finally decided to archive and forget about them.
Photo: Learning is the most important thing you ever do. Photo by Jay C. Pugh courtesy of US Navy.
- Introduction to water pollution: What are the causes and effects of water pollution? What are the solutions?
- The state of our rivers and seas: handy statistics and graphs
- Finding out about water pollution: We no longer update this page, but it might still be useful.
- Pollution photos: 50 free, public-domain photos you can use in your school and college projects.
- River photos: 50 free, public-domain photos you can use in your school and college projects.
- Finding out about rivers: We no longer update this old links page.
If you're looking for photos of British rivers, one of the best places we've found is the superb (but slightly oddly named) Flickr pool River Names of Britain: it's a collection of over 5000 photos of British rivers posted by over 450 people.
- Climate change and rivers: How will global warming affect rivers?
- Climate change and global warming photos: 50 free, public-domain photos you can use in your school and college projects.
- Finding out about climate change and global warming: Our old climate research links for students. We no longer update this page.
- Adopting a river: How to get out get dirty, and make a difference
- Using environmental law to stop damaging developments: Advice from Charlie Hopkins on how to challenge environmentally destructive planning permission.
- Balloon releases: pollution factsheet: Text of a leaflet by the Marine Conservation Society about the damaging impacts of balloon race events.