Picture by kind permission of Steve Minett.
Did you know there are over 200 text pages and another 200 maps, photos, and other graphics on our website? Welcome to our information section. Here you'll find everything you ever wanted to know about the plan to bulldoze a new dual-carriageway (4-lane highway) through the Stonehenge World Heritage Site in Wiltshire, a county in the South West of England.
Although the website was put together by people who oppose the plan, you'll find a whole range of views represented here. We oppose the plan, but we believe in giving you the full picture and letting you make up your own mind.
This is what you'll find in the information section:
- About us: Why we're still fighting this scheme; information about our website.
- Introduction: A quick overview of the plan and what it will mean. START HERE!
- News: Latest developments as they happen and a full history of the campaign.
- Issues: More about the key issues—archaeology, planning, transport, visitor access.
- Alternatives: What could be done instead to protect Stonehenge?
- Background: Detailed background about Stonehenge archaeology, transport, and more.
- Press & articles: Articles from newspapers and journals dating back over the last few years.
- Other views: Not everyone shares our views. Read some other opinions.
- Inquiry: Information about public inquiries into the Stonehenge highway and visitor centre projects.
- Links: Mostly links to groups who support or link to our website.
- Site additions: All new additions to our website are listed here.
- A-Z site index: An A-Z list of everything on the site.